Wednesday, June 16, 2010

everyday.


The other day, I was talking to my mom on the phone and came to a realization: I'm a complainer. I recently have found myself complaining about everything from Chicago drivers, to cleaning -again! (does anyone else feel like adulthood is just one constant battle to keep your house clean?)- to the fact that I have to work for a living.
I realize that in a blog, I can pretty much make my life look perfect... I don't often post pictures of my dirty kitchen floor, or the pile of over-do laundry, or of myself sitting at my desk at work on a slow day...the things I'm often complaining about. And yes, while I would rather be living in Scotland eating fish and chips and drinking Irn Bru, I don't want to forget to appreciate the everyday things God has put in my life right now.
So I've decided that I'm going to make a list of 10 things I'm thankful for everyday when I get home from work. For the sake of honesty, I'll show you my first list:

1. living in a quiet neighborhood.
2. having a car.
3. time to read magazines.
4. a job that lets me get home early in the day.
5. cheery weather.
6. time alone this afternoon.
7. Rebecca (a coworker).
8. netflix instant.
9. free minutes to talk to my family.
10. a good movie after a hard day.

It's a start. :) And as usual, U2 says it better than I can....*







*super sweet posters from www.musicphilosophy.co.uk.

4 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said... Reply To This Comment

said mother things you ROCK.

Kelli Abrahamian said... Reply To This Comment

Love this post!! You're the best. As a fellow blogger I totally agree. I write about food, so people probably think I have a beautiful meal on the table of my clean house everyday. My kitchen floor usually shows the my efforts in the kitchen. I will keep working on the house part. I get great insight from you and your Mom on that front.

Melinda said... Reply To This Comment

Funny you should blog about this. I was just telling Vic the other day that I should take photos of every room of our house as it currently is and post them. Then I might be motivated to do something about the messiness so that I could post some "after" photos and everyone could be astounded by my amazing transformations.

Aspiring Mom2three said... Reply To This Comment

I found you by way of Glenda. I think that many times I'm way too negative with my children or my day. My glass is often 1/2 empty instead of full. Thank you for this list and for the reminder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...