Friday, February 18, 2011

Inspiration Friday: Library Books

I've been on a kick lately of reading great books from the library. So I thought I'd share a few of my favorites:

*Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces. I just started reading this one, and have already gotten a few great ideas. If you don't know about Apartment Therapy, you should check it out. If you live in a small apartment, a small house, or just have a small room and you want some inspiration for decorating it- I think you'll get some clever ideas from this book.

*The Ellements of Personal Style.
I was kind of put off at first by the cheesy play on words (Elle magazine, Ellements...get it?), but this book is pretty fun. Each chapter is about a different fashion icon (Charlotte Gainsbourg, Angelica Huston, Diane Von Furstenburg...) and their style, their homes, and their mammoth closets. Fun.



I've also been enjoying a few lighthearted fiction books:

*Inkheart by Cordelia Funke

Have you seen the movie? (Hellen Mirren. That's all I have to say). It's definitely a book-lovers book. If you're looking for something to read post- Harry Potter, you should pick this up. Let me know what you think!

*The Unbearable Lightness of Scones by Alexander McCall Smith

If you haven't read anything by Alexander McCall Smith, please go read the first book from any one of his three main series: 44 Scotland Street, The Sunday Philosophy Club, and The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. My favorite is the 44 Scotland Street series. So. Funny. I usually end up telling my sister all the funny things that happen to the characters. It's kind of Wodehouse-y and great if you need a good laugh.

Let me know if you pick any of these books up. Have a good weekend, friends!

4 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said... Reply To This Comment

love your inpsiration friday series . . . love knowing what you are reading. love it that you finally have your library card back.

Sharelle said... Reply To This Comment

today I decided - its time to go back to the library. and your post confirmed it.

yeah, i'm going to have to pay some late fees. but its okay, we need to be in relationship again :)

Adrianne said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks, Jenny! I always love to hear what you're reading. :) I just might pick one of those up at the library. Happy reading, friend!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I have been looking for some good books. I went to the library last week and brought home 7 books. One that was semi interesting and I skimmed through it and found out what I wanted (about Paris Hilton). One that had an event I wanted to know about so I pretty much read that part (about the guy who had to amputate is hand to save his life). Four that I thought would be funny but were really boring and one that I had already read. Out of the millions of books in the library, I pick one I alreay read. "Look Again", actually a really good book. I am going to the library this week to see about getting some of your recommendations. I recommend "Mao's Last Dancer". Very good. I was reading it in Chicago. Aunt Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...