- I have a really bad memory- I often forget when I already told a story, and often wonder how my friends know all these weird details I don’t remember telling them.
- I love beverages of any kind- we have friends that call us the Beverage Family.
- I am really passionate about the importance of the arts in the Christian community.
- My grandparents were missionaries in
during the war. They got out on one of the last civilian planes when Viet Nam Saigonfell.
- I love anything I can do with my hands- playing the piano, drawing, sewing, cooking…
- My dad used to lead missions trips to
Europeevery summer, and we put on programs while we were there, so I used to do really weird things like puppets, clowning and mime.
- I eat dinner food for breakfast.
- I have a secret obsession with Martha Stewart. Not so secret anymore…
- At some point in my life, I want to
*Have an art studio and sell my collages
*Get my MA (and PhD?) in Biblical Exegesis and write commentaries.
- I colour code the clothes in my closet.
- When I was in Jr. high, I took crochet lessons at a knitting shop in our neighborhood. I became friends with all the old ladies there and would go hang out and crochet with them every week.
- I love movies and think television is an art form. I quote movies all the time.
- I was hit by a car (but not seriously injured) while crossing the street last year.
- I love famous people. I don’t read US Weekly or anything, but I get a little too excited when I see someone famous. My favorites so far:
Denzel Washington coming out of a theater in
Joan Cusack buying Halloween decorations at Jewel
John Stamos (Uncle Jesse in Full House) filming ER.
- I love camping and have lived in a tent for a total of 4 years (3 months every summer).
- I completely lose track of time when I’m in the library or video store- I once left my mom waiting in the car for an hour while I ‘ran in to pick up a few books.’
- I really hate watching all sports except baseball (only at a real game, not on tv) and football (soccer- not American football).
- I’m really into fashion right now and love reading books on it and watching Project Runway and What not to Wear. (linking to my love of famous people, I saw Isaac Mizrahi and Clinton Kelly last year). I think clothes are a really fun way to express our God-given creativity and appreciation for beauty.
- I have gotten really strange ailments all my life. Just one;
*I have a condition called leukocytoclasticvasculitis (really!). Every winter my hands get swollen with random red spots because of the temperature change.
- I have been to 30 countries but don’t speak another language (unless you count 2 semesters of French, which I don’t).
- I hate disagreeing with people, and I hate making decisions.
- I wasn’t planning on going to college until the day my application was due freshman year.
- I have a hard time understanding typically ‘American’ things- American literature, politics, sports…I always feel sort of ‘1/2 American’, which I think comes from traveling so much growing up.
- I love people, good food, and good conversation.
- When I am stressed, I put on the tea kettle. It’s amazing how much a cup of tea lowers my stress level.