Friday, April 1, 2011

Inspiration Friday: Kate's Apartment

A few weeks ago, I got to spend a week with my friend Kate in Dallas. I thought you might like a peek into her awesome apartment. Ready for a tour?

  • Isn't this a cute way to display your books- on a windowsill.


  • Love the view of Dallas- and sleeping next to an open window in March. :)

  • Don't you love the red phone and wicker coffee table?


  • I love the way the bookcases are angled.


  • Plaid. Couches. Don't you love them?


  • Julia Child with a little Texas added in. We found this while browsing some shops at the Stockyards in Fort Worth.


  • Kate has cute little containers like this for her tea, coffee filters, and utensils.


  • Keys and a cheery apron on a hook by the front door.


  • A friend of Kate's made this paper star out of paper from Old Navy- super clever.


  • I love the black, white, and red.


  • books, paper flowers, movies.


  • More awesome paper-cleverness.


  • a row of hooks to store purses. Rather than tossing them on your closet floor, like I do!


  • The bathroom is all black, white, and pink. Girly, but not too girly!


  • super sweet shower curtain.



  • Is it just me, or does it look like Carrie Bradshaw could live here?




  • I love that the set up is focused on conversation (and books!) rather than a TV. A super comfortable place to hang out.



  • Here's a little perspective on where everything is. I like how the couch divides the living room from the kitchen.


  • I took advantage of all that vacation reading....

Thanks for the hospitality, Kate! Can't wait till I get to come visit again...

3 comments:

Adrianne said... Reply To This Comment

What an adorable apartment! Jenny, you captured it very well with your beautiful photographs. Thanks so much for sharing! It's always so fun to get decorating ideas from real people with real apartments. :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said... Reply To This Comment

Kate's place is adorable . . . just like Kate.

Fondly,
mum

kate said... Reply To This Comment

Jenny,

Thanks for posting this. I love compliments from great people whose taste I love. It makes me so happy that you feel at home here. I am seriously considering coming to Chicago this summer... Is that too soon?!

I miss you.

P.S. Thanks Glenda & Adrianne :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...