Monday, March 12, 2012

entertain us.*

Here's a look at what's been on my ipod, nightstand and tv lately....

On the ipod: The Head & The Heart

Do you know this band? Last summer I went to see Iron & Wine (for free!) in Millenium Park. I'd never heard of the opening band, but as I was talking with my friends and they were playing, we all kept pausing and saying "wow, they're really good." "Oh, I kind of like them." "Who is this band?" Turns out it was The Head & the Heart. I may be behind the times, but if you are too, you should check them out. They're from Seattle & are awesome.

source

On the nightstand: The Gift of Asher Lev by Chaim Potok

This one is way overdue (not at the library: I mean I should have read it a long time ago). I've been carrying this around and found that a surprising number of people have not heard of Chaim Potok. This book is about an Hasidic Jew who becomes an artist and how it affects him and his community. Such a great book about the creative life. If you've never read Potok, I suggest starting with The Chosen. 

source


On the TV: Revenge of the Bridesmaids

On a lighter note, I can't get enough of this movie. Awhile ago, my sister and I were having one of those watch a really cheesy movie on Netflix nights, and stumbled on this gem. I bought it recently at Target and have already watched it three times. It is still cheesy, but surprisingly funny. It has all the things I love about a made for TV movie, good one liners, Raven Symone (Olivia from Cosby! all grown up and still funny), the girl from Better with You, plus some surprisingly apt observations about Girl World.


source


What are you reading/watching/listening to? 

*Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

3 comments:

Adrianne said... Reply To This Comment

Too fun! I might have to check out that band. I'm re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series, which is one of my favorites! And thanks to you, I just saw the movie Inkheart for the first time. It was great! Thanks for your great taste Jenny, while at the same time not taking entertainment too seriously. I love how many different things you enjoy!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

i've read several chaim potok books and loved them. (heard him speak once at spu and realized for the first time that using written words well does not equal being able to speak well.) and i'm sorry that the head and the heart show was sold out in chicago. drew said the shows with them were great!

melinda

Christy Childers said... Reply To This Comment

Nice!
Listening to: The Hunger Games soundtrack (w/ T Swift, the Civil Wars, The Decemberists, Birdy...)
Reading: every Sophie Kinsella book I can get my hands on...
Watching: The Swiss Family Robinson. It still kind of makes me want to be marooned on a deserted island...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...