Saturday, February 13, 2010

aah, the Northwest...


Breathes there a man with soul so dead
Who never to himself hath said
This is my own, my native land!


Whose heart hath ne'er within him burned,
As home his footsteps he hath turned
From wandering on a foreign strand!


If such there breathe, go mark him well;
For him no minstrel raptures swell;
High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim


Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,


Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonored, and unsung.

Sir Walter Scott


You would think the Vancouver Olympics would just make me think of, well- Canada. But watching the opening ceremony last night was like taking a little trip back to the Northwest...the mountains, rain, trees, even the totem poles!....thanks for the memories, B.C.

1 comments:

Sharelle said... Reply To This Comment

you're welcome...

ha.

I watched it, but it was hard to believe it was all happening 25 minutes away from me. It made me wonder if those $550 tickets might have been worth it - particularly when Sarah busted out there with the trees rising.

I was pretty proud to live in the Northwest as I watched that...and more specifically, the "true north strong and free".

Come back to the Northwest soon okay? And maybe head up this way :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...