Friday, January 7, 2011

Inspiration Friday: Toast UK

Not the breakfast food, although that is inspiring. Toast is a British company my sister found. I'm not ashamed to say that I keep their catalogue and pour over it for months (even though- ahem- I can't really afford anything in it).

I love the simplicity and comfort of the clothes, blankets, and layout of the interiors. Especially in January, after the craziness of the holidays- I want things to be simple.

A few things I've been inspired to do from the Toast catalogue:

  • handmade flannel hot water bottle covers (they call them hotties- ha.)
  • hang less things on the walls. It's kind of nice to have a little blank space.
  • pull out my Scottish wool blankets. Warm.
  • I also made a flannel shawl for cold mornings. Call me crazy (really, I know it's weird)- but I'm always cold when I'm reading in bed at night, and when I'm making coffee in the morning. So: a flannel shawl to put around my shoulders! You know you want one.
  • plaid flannel pillows for the living room.
Pop over to Toast and request a catalogue...let me know if you get any good ideas!

2 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said... Reply To This Comment

I cannot wait until my catalogue comes, which now makes 4 British catalogues I love.

Sara said... Reply To This Comment

Catalogue ordered, flannel shawl - sounds delightful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...