Thursday, October 6, 2011

the w.c.

I love my bathroom because when you first walk through the (tiny, tiny) door, it looks...well...tiny. Until you walk around the corner...it's actually not so small.

Our shower curtain was a bit of a splurge (from CB2) but I lovve it. Not being a morning person, I actually find it helpful to see so much yellow when I first wake up- it cheers me up! A large cup of coffee doesn't hurt either.

The light fixture was missing ...well. the fixture. Another idea from my mom: yellow and gray grosgrain ribbon taped around the light fixture. It's cute and it matches the bathroom (thanks, mom!)


Problem: grungy tiles at the end of my bathtub. Solution: cheap (but cute) plastic tray from Target, used to hold toiletries.
I love glass bricks!
Dear weird gold apartment bathroom fixtures: I don't love you, but I will learn to live with you.
Delft piggy bank from childhood travels in Holland.
I recently had some little girls (ages 2, 5, and 8) stay with me and they could not stop talking about how good this soap smells. Neither can I.
A small bookcase for storage: extremely helpful.
I hate to say this, but I think the cuckoo clock is from Urban Outfitters. Hipster nonsense, I know.
(fake) silver tray? antique store in Texas. Picture? Fifi flowers.
I stole this idea: I use a jar from Ikea to hold my makeup. When I go on weekend trips, I just toss it in my car/bag. So easy. (a word to the wise: in order to get small things out of the bottom of the jar, just tip it over until they fall out. I spent months trying to reach things by sticking my hand in the jar, until a friend said: just tip it over. Oh. Right.)
Record covers from Reckless Records.
A touch of my childhood...
Because who doesn't love Wallace & Gromit?
and this one's for free, folks...
Happy bathroom tour! Stop in tomorrow for a view of my living room!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I'm not 2, 5 or 8 and I don't know if I said anything to you, but I also could not stop thinking about how good that soap smells. Target?
Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...